-by Dr. Timothy (Tim) Grivois, Executive Director
Before we get too far into the article, I want to share that this is not a Trainer of Trainers workshop. TGS Educational Consulting does not offer Trainer of Trainers workshops because they do not work.
However, if you’ve been told that you are in charge of PBIS for your school or district, and the last time you had a training was a) never or b) more than ten years ago, you will be able to lead professional learning at your site based on your site’s unique context.
Or, if you’re on your school’s PBIS team, and you’re wondering if there is more to PBIS than tickets and posters, you will have a comprehensive knowledge base to support the rest of PBIS at your site.
You’ve probably heard that PBIS has multiple levels, and you’re pretty sure your school stopped at Tier 1. Attending this training will help you build connections between levels of PBIS implementation and start your action planning process effectively.
Here is what you can expect:
- Overview of PBIS: A comprehensive understanding of PBIS, how it works, and what outcomes you can expect when done well.
- The Three Tiers of PBIS: An overview of the three tiers of PBIS and the strategies that are typically used at each tier.
- Tier 1: Universal prevention strategies that are implemented school-wide. This includes proactive strategies such as teaching social skills, setting clear expectations, and creating a positive school climate.
- Tier 2: Targeted interventions for students who need additional support. This may include small group interventions and individual behavior plans.
- Tier 3: Intensive interventions for students who require individualized support. This may include individual behavior plans, counseling, and other specialized services.
- Data-Based Decision Making: Strategies for using data to inform PBIS practices, including how to collect and analyze data, and how to use data to make informed decisions about interventions and supports. Specifically, we will explore free data tools available within PBISApps and how you can use them to elevate your systems and practices.
- Implementation Strategies: Strategies for implementing PBIS effectively, including how to engage stakeholders, build a team, and sustain the program over time.
Essentially, you’ll leave knowing what PBIS looks like from the inside out. And, you won’t see any triangles or color-coded tiers. Best of all, you’ll leave equipped to support your students’ social, emotional, and academic success, no matter what role you have in your organization.
While this training is open to any caring professional interested in deepening their expertise in Positive Behavior Interventions and Support, those leading PBIS implementation will get the most out of our time together.
If you’re interested in more information or want to be the first to know when registration opens, click here so we can keep in touch.